Stories of Significance
Experiences Shared From the College of Education at East Carolina University®
The College of Education at East Carolina University is a vibrant teaching, learning and research community focused on preparing individuals to be successful in the fields of education, counseling, instructional technology, electronic media, adult education and librarianship.
Our college comprises six departments:
- Educational Leadership (LEED)
- Elementary Education and Middle Grades Education (ELMID)
- Interdisciplinary Professions (IDP) — Adult Education, Counselor Education and Library Science
- Literacy Studies, English Education and History Education (LEHE)
- Mathematics Education, Science Education and Instructional Technology (MSITE)
- Special Education, Foundations and Research (SEFR)
We offer courses within programs that meet the needs of a diverse student population. Our students learn on ECU’s campus in Greenville, North Carolina, as well as online, in a hybrid model, and face-to-face at off-campus sites such as local community college campuses and local K–12 public school buildings.
Every day, our faculty, staff and alumni make a positive impact in the classrooms and communities of eastern North Carolina and beyond. Our students learn, interact and collaborate in robust environments.
Here, we introduce you to some of those people, whose experiences with the ECU College of Education have guided them on their own paths to success while empowering them to have significant effects on lives of countless others. We share their stories and their work as they continue to live out ECU’s motto, To Serve.