For more information about our program, please contact:
Dr. Dionna Manning, Ed.D.
Education Community of Scholars Program Director
The Treasures of ECU!
James and Connie Maynard and the College of Education established the Maynard Scholars Program at East Carolina University on May 31, 2006. This four year $26,000 award is available to outstanding high school seniors each year.
The Maynard Scholars program is modeled after the N.C. Teaching Fellows Scholarship and as so, recipients will be expected to teach in a public, charter or government school for four years in one of the stated counties following graduation. Individuals have up to seven years to complete this requirement. The Maynard Scholarship is administered from the ECU Education Community of Scholars office.
Beaufort ∙ Bertie ∙ Bladen ∙ Brunswick ∙ Camden ∙ Carteret ∙ Chatham ∙ Chowan ∙ Columbus ∙ Craven ∙ Cumberland ∙ Currituck ∙ Dare ∙ Duplin ∙ Durham ∙ Edgecombe ∙ Franklin ∙ Gates ∙ Granville ∙ Greene ∙ Halifax ∙ Harnett ∙ Hertford ∙ Hoke ∙ Hyde ∙ Johnston ∙ Jones ∙ Lee ∙ Lenoir ∙ Martin ∙ Nash ∙ New Hanover ∙ Northampton ∙ Onslow ∙ Orange ∙ Pamlico ∙ Pasquotank ∙ Pender ∙ Perquimans ∙ Person ∙ Pitt ∙ Robeson ∙ Sampson ∙ Tyrrell ∙ Vance ∙ Wake ∙ Warren ∙ Washington ∙ Wayne ∙ Wilson
- Go to ECU’s ECUAWard portal at https://ecu.academicworks.com and complete an online application. If you are eligible for this Scholars Program, you must click on other opportunities.
- Deadline – Applications will close at midnight on January 15.
- Sample Recommendation Form
- Recommendation forms are not due unless you have a formal interview. If selected for a formal interview, you will bring the completed recommendation with you to the interview.
- Will be during the month of February (specific interview days and times will be assigned by the Education Scholars office after the application cycle closes).
- Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by email and mail.