The Office of Research in collaboration with its partners, cultivates individuals to disrupt the norm and assume an entrepreneurial spirit to solve real-world problems based on proven research models. Under the direction of the Assistant Dean of Innovation and Strategic Initiatives, the Office of Research fosters partnerships among student, faculty, community and industry to encourage entrepreneurial activity to accelerate their success and amplify their impact through the power of inquiry, influence, immersion, and collaboration.
- Meet 1-1 with all COE faculty, Deans, Directors, Department Chairs, and Program Coordinators to discuss ideas, interests, and needs.
- Seek collaborations and partnerships with internal and external constituents.
- Analyze external funding opportunities to align with faculty and COE initiatives
- Develop training and Workshops on a variety of topics.
- Coffee Talk: Informal open meetings to discuss and share innovative ideas and opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Develop video series showcasing innovation within the College of Education.
- Develop and cultivate learning communities (research and grant writing)
Develop Professional Networks
- Attend local and regional economic impact meetings.
- Collaborate with Office of Technology transfer on developing training modules on patents, copyright, and furthering entrepreneurial ideas.
- Collaborate with the office of Community and Outreach Relations.
- Develop partnerships with military, business, and industry.
- Collaborate with COE to design and develop study abroad opportunities.
- Serve as a guest speaker (faculty and student) on innovation.
- Track and develop innovation contests and opportunities for students and faculty to showcase new initiatives and products.
- Attend local and regional economic impact meetings to foster new initiatives for COE faculty and students.
- Foster service learning opportunities for COE faculty and students.
- Develop College of Education store.
Develop a Digital Infrastructure
- Design and develop Office of Research, Grants, and Innovations Website.
- Develop and maintain Innovations Blog.
- Develop a digital submission process for ideas, initiatives, grants, research, and products.
- Design and develop a professional development portal and funding model.