Education Community of Scholars
For more information about our program, please contact:
Dr. Dionna Manning, Ed.D.
Education Community of Scholars Program Director
- Education Living-Learning Community
- ECU Abernathy Scholars Program
- ECU Lane Scholars Program
- ECU Maynard Scholars Program
- ECU Burke Scholars Program
- ECU Hall of Fame Scholars Program
- ECU Phoebe Dail Scholars Program
- ECU Edward and Sara Roos Elementary Education Scholarship
- Provide an academically and culturally enriched preparation program that extends beyond the regular college program.
- Provide opportunities and experiences that encourage the development of leaders and decision makers.
- Provide opportunities for building an understanding of education’s place in a greater social context.
- Instill a sense of mission, service and professionalism in Teacher Education students.
- Improve the image of teacher education candidates and programs campus-wide.
- To provide early introduction and experiences directly related to the major (Teacher Education)
- To provide additional support and resources to better retain students at ECU and within the Teacher Education degree program.
- Recruit and retain greater numbers of teacher education candidates in North Carolina.
The COE-Community of Scholars program provides students with:
- Individualized attention and support
- Early and continuous development of leadership skills
- An environment that is conducive to academic achievement
- An opportunity to be exposed to cultures and ideas that will enhance personal and professional development
- Overall assistance with the transition from high school to college
- The opportunity to serve as a leader for the College of Education and volunteer with community partners
- The opportunity to grow academically, professionally, and personally in the quest to become an ECU Educator
To request additional information about our programs and scholarships or to request a visit to the College of Education at ECU, please email email@example.com.
Join us for an ECU Academic Day event!
ECU Academic Days are a series of on-campus events for high school students, sponsored by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in collaboration with various academic departments.
The College of Education Preview Day will start with information from ECU Admissions and the Office of Financial Aid and will offer future prospective Pirate Teachers an overview of the Educator Preparation Program options at ECU. Participants will also receive information about Education Scholarships, the Education Living-Learning Community, and interact with a panel of current Teacher Education faculty and students.
- Register for virtual event: Tuesday, January 30 | 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Register for campus event: April 12 | 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
**Must register in advance**