Candidates for the EdD program should have a minimum of:
- a master’s degree preferably in an education-related area
- proven educational leadership and/or supervisory experience.
All application materials must be submitted through the ECU Graduate School online application process. The application is available at https://gradschool.ecu.edu/apply/.
We are grateful to have a very competitive pool of applicants for this intense program that offers the degree in three years, including the dissertation. Our faculty are committed to providing our students experiences and guidance throughout the program and therefore will be available to coach the next cohort beginning 2nd Summer 2023. The next application deadline of the completed application is March 15, 2023.
EdD Application Requirements for both concentrations:
- Create your personal Graduate School Application and pay $75 application fee
- All transcripts required by the Graduate School
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience
- For NC residents applying to the PreK-12 Concentration: A copy of your current North Carolina Educator License and school administrator license
- Statement of Purpose – describing your motivation for pursuing the EdD and how it will help you achieve your long-term professional goals.
- Writing sample — Identify and analyze an issue related to educational equity in your local context. Use three appropriate, external sources to support your claim. Submission must be 1000 words or less, utilizing APA style.
- Current Resume – Upload your current resume highlighting school/school system or higher educational leadership experiences.
- Three professional references- as indicated in the online application, submit the names and email addresses of 3 professional references (one must be from the applicant’s current supervisor)
EdD Applications will be screened by an admission committee to decide on potential candidates to invite to interview on campus