GE – About Us
Who We Are
ECU is a nationally recognized public institution in the United States that is committed to extensive research, teaching, and service aimed at making an impact in eastern North Carolina and around the world. Our university equips future generations of men and women in becoming tomorrow’s new leaders. ECU’s College of Education prepares future educational professionals in a variety of fields at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. The College of Education programs have been consistently ranked as some of the best in the state and in the nation.
What We Do
The College of Education is committed to the embodiment of three actions: teach, lead, and inspire. We teach to prepare students to be challenged, so that they may develop innovative skills and use them to their fullest potential. We lead professionals to lead in their schools and institutions so that they can make a difference to embrace educational change, while holding on to effective verified research practices. The Office of Global Engagement serves as a liaison between COE academic departments and global partners to facilitate innovative and meaningful experiences that are mutually beneficial.
- Participate in COE program study abroad
- Design your own study abroad (#PiratesAbroad)
- Participate in Global Understanding course
- Interview or meet a COE visiting scholar
- Design a program study abroad
- Host visiting scholar
- Present at an international conference
- Work with COE Global Engagement to create off model degree
- Conduct Global Classroom session