ELMID – AIG – Applying
Please keep in mind:
- Application fees do not transfer; be sure to choose the program that best fits your needs prior to applying.
- Add-on is for teaching licensure only. While all qualified undergraduate and graduate students interested in learning more about gifted education are welcome to take the courses, only actively licensed teachers are eligible for add-on to their teaching license.
- Fill out the Interest Form on the AIG Website: https://education.ecu.edu/elmid/academics/aig/
- Contact the Office of Alternative Licensure via email with a copy of your interest form (step 1, you will receive this via email after submission) AND a copy of your teaching license: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Undergraduate Post Baccalaureate Teacher Licensure application and pay the current application fee of $75. To complete the application, provide the Office of Undergraduate Admissions a sealed official transcript indicating a conferred bachelor’s degree.
SPECIAL NOTE: If admitted and registration is attempted after the opening week of registration, (check “academic calendar” at www.ecu.edu ) available seats in courses will be limited and continue to decrease closer to the beginning of the term of registration.
- Once the admission letter is received from Undergraduate Admissions, which should include the Banner ID B0.……, please contact the Office of Alternative Licensure to activate the plan at (252) 328-6272 or email@example.com . Registration is not possible without an activated plan.
- Once activated, an advisor’s name and contact information will be provided by the Office of Alternative Licensure. To register for classes, contact Angela Novak via email at firstname.lastname@example.org your Banner ID number (a number that begins B00XXXXXX; this information can be found in your self-service center or in your automated newly admitted student email you receive) and which courses you wish to be registered for in the upcoming semester.
- Fill out the Interest Form on the AIG Website: https://education.ecu.edu/elmid/academics/aig/ .
- Visit the ECU Graduate School website. Click “Apply” under the “Connect” heading on the right-hand side of the site.
- Select the “Non-Degree” option then select Academically Gifted, Non-Degree. Choose which term you want to apply to.
- Create your account on the right-hand side. Once you create your account you will receive an automated email to verify your account. After your account is verified you should be able to log in. If you have trouble receiving the verification email please contact the Graduate School at email@example.com.
- Once you are logged in with your credentials your application will automatically start. Continue through the application until you have finished and click submit. You can save the application and go back to it at any time. If you have questions about any portion of the actual application, you may contact the Graduate School at (252) 328-6012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After you submit your application online, you will need to pay your $75.00 application fee. You can find this link in the email confirmation after you submit your application. Please request official transcripts from every college or university where you completed seven or more hours. Photocopies may not be submitted. These official transcripts should be mailed directly to the Graduate School at 131 Ragsdale Building, Greenville, NC 27858. You will be prompted to upload a copy of your interest form from the ECU site. This was emailed to you after you completed it.
- After you apply, if you have any questions about the status of your application you may login to your Self-Service Account.
- Finally, AFTER you have been admitted as a non-degree student, please email Dr. Angela Novak at email@example.com your Banner ID number (a number that begins B00XXXXXX) and your ECU email address for course registration purposes. This information can be found in your self-service center or in your automated newly admitted student email you receive. Please indicate in the email which course(s) you would like to register for in the upcoming semester.